On 22-23 September 2018 the U16 Youth Polish Championship of took place in Bełchatów (Janusz Kusociński Memorial Small) in which three athletes from the Student Sports Club “Dziewiątka” participated, DiMa Company is a sponsor of the club.
Our young players took the following places at the championship:
- Filip Góreczny in a shot put (5 kg) – 9th place,
- Cezary Szymański in the 200-m run – 7th place,
- Krystian Sobczyk in the 300 m race – 31 place.
Cezary Szymański and Krystian Sobczyk also took part in the 100m race, and their time was:
- Cezary Szymanski – 11.70 s,
- Krystian Sobczyk – 12.05 s.
Although the results of the sprinters were close to their life records, unfortunately they did not enable the promotion to the final.
– A beautiful attitude of my pupils at the most important event of the season. Although each of them dreamed about a medal, it must be realized that even the promotion to the championships is already a great achievement (the representation of the Lodz region consisted of only 45 athletes). Filip went there with the greatest hopes, but he paid his dues during his debut at the championship event. Czarek, despite the weaker starting position, thanks to his greater experience (as a younger of age he competed at the Polish Junior Championships in 2017), he managed to win a very high place. Krystian, despite many adversities that oppressed him this season, was able to finish a very important start with a life record. We thank very much the Kutno City Office (UKS “Dziewiątka” is covered by a special grant for sports for children and young people), the DiMa company from Żychlin (a strategic sponsor of the club) and fans who bravely cheered us on the stadium in Bełchatów – summarized the performances of the players of “Dziewiątka” the coach Jacek Kudła.
We would like to congratulate our athletes on their results at the championships. We keep our fingers crossed for further successes!